The RPG Note Cards is a web application for playing Fate Core or similar games with others over the Internet. I created this app to play the Fate Core with my friends.
I've been looking for an existing solution for a long time, but I've always come to something that supports the game with miniatures, mapping, and complex character sheets. This has but little use in the Fate. In the Fate games we need only a simple way to create sticky notes and place them on shared game table where they are clearly visible for reference. Then a couple of tokens and dices.
Beyond the Fate
The RPG Note Cards is developed with the Fate Core in mind but it can be used to play any other similar games. If you are missing support for some game mechanics or information presentation for your game which can be fitted in the paradigma of the application, please contact me on the feedback email.
If you find a bug in the application or if you think the application can be improved to better fit your play style please contact me at feedback email.
- Translation of the Ladder and Skill list Presets - if you want to have Ladder or Skill List in your language and don't want to fill it each time you create a new game, send me the translated list and I will add it to the ladder/skills presets.
- Translation of the User Interface - If you want to help me by translating the UI to your language, please contact me. I will be happy to add additional languages.
- 2018-09-15: Custom tables can be made visible to all players.
- 2018-08-11: Print Game action added.
- 2018-08-05: Czech localiztion of Basic Concepts.
- 2018-07-18: Fixed blank screen after opening the game caused by update to the newer PHP by my hosting service.
- 2018-06-21: Localization of the whole UI. Now in English, Czech and Russian.
- 2018-06-21: Russian presets for Ladder and Skills (thanks to Dmitry Minchenkov).
- 2018-06-21: Added customizable skill list with presets for Fate Core, Fate Accelerated and d20.
- 2017-09-15: Fixed: Tokens cannot be moved to other place in Firefox.
- 2017-05-01: Initial release
This is a new application which is designed to meet my needs. I hope I'll get feedback from you with additional ideas how to improve it. Here are the ideas I want to focus in near time:
- More token colors/shapes - there are only one style of token for now. The players would cerainly benefit from more styles of tokens.
- More dice types - For the Fate the one basic set of 4 black Fate dices might be enough. But I plan to add colored dices and if there will be need I can also add more types of dices (like d6, d10, d20... or special dices from other game systems).
- Library - It would be nice to have predefined NPCs or other resources from the various source books in the application so they could be quickly added to the running game. I exprimented with the NPCs from the Fate Freeport Companion but finally didn't add them because of the copyright limits. But there are many other resouces on the Internet shared under open licenses (including Fate Core) which could be used. For example the Fate Core stunts.